I am back again with an interesting and quick recipe for a yummylicious veggie. You can spice it up or down by varying the amount of red chilies used. My kid loves it as well as the sweet corn imparts a little sweetness which balances out beautifully with the hotness of chilies and capsicum. So let's get started...
Ingredients (you will need):
Capsicum, chopped - 1 medium
Sweet corn, boiled and deseeded - 100 gms
Paneer/Cottage Cheese - 200 gms
Tomato, chopped - 1 large
Tomato Puree, 1 tbsp
Salt, to taste
Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder, a pinch
Coriander Powder, 1 tsp
Amchoor Powder/Khatai/Dried Mango Powder, 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder, 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida powder/Heeng powder, a pinch
Oil/ghee, 1 tablespoon
1. In a pan heat some oil/ghee and add cumin seeds.
2. Once the cumin seeds crackle, add asafeotida, and all the dry spices except amchoor and garam masala. Fry the spices for 30 seconds.
3. Add capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
4. Add the sweet corn and salt as per taste.
5. Add tomato puree and toss everything together.
6. Add paneer/cottage cheese cubes and stir.
7. Add chopped tomato and stir again. Cook for a minute or so as we don't want the tomatoes to go mushy. Also add in the amchoor powder and garam masala powder at this point.
8. Serve hot with chapatis/paranthas/naans/pooris/flat breads of your choice.
Hope you like the recipe, do try it at home and enjoy with your family!