I am back again with a quick vegetable recipe for a winters. The recipe utilizes all the delicious winter veggies, peas, carrots and methi/fenugreek leaves. I remember this one from my childhood, which my granny used to cook for us in cold winter afternoons in mustard oil, which gives the veggies a special tang and warmth. So let's get started...
Ingredients (you will need):
Carrot, chopped - 200 grams
Peas deseeded - 100 gms
Methi/Fenugreek Leaves, washed and chopped - 200 gms
Tomato Puree, 1 tbsp
Salt, to taste
Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder, a pinch
Coriander Powder, 1 tsp
Amchoor Powder/Khatai/Dried Mango Powder, 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida powder/Heeng powder, a pinch
Mustard Oil, 1 tablespoon
1. In a pan heat some mustard oil.
2. Add cumin seeds and heeng/asafotida powder and let them crackle/sizzle.
4. Add in the peas and carrots along with salt and stir.
5. Add tomato puree to the pan and stir.
6. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
7. The veggies look cooked not and we can add the chopped fenugreek leaves.
8. Added the fenugreek leaves in the pan.
9. The fenugreek leaves will leave lots of moisture, so wait till the moisture has evaporated and then stir in the amchoor/khatai powder.
8. Delicious gajar-matar-methi vegetable is ready. Serve hot with chapatis/paranthas/naans/pooris/flat breads of your choice.
Hope you like the recipe, do try it at home and enjoy with your family!