Today I am sharing a very simple vegetable recipe with you. This one is called Aloo Gobhi and is also a favorite of mine from childhood. I associate this with my birthday party as it was cooked primarily during the same. So, aloo gobhi triggers all kinds of happy memories in my mind. It is what they say, comfort food for me!
Ingredients (you will need):
Potatoes boiled and chopped - 2
Gobhi/Cauliflower chopped, 200 gms
Tomato puree, 1 tbsp
Fresh cream, 1 tbsp
Salt, to taste
Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp
Amchoor Powder/Khatai/Dried Mango Powder, 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder, 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida powder/Heeng powder, a pinch
Refined Oil, 1 tablespoon
Kasoori methi/Dried Fenugreek leaves, 1/2 tsp
1. In a pan/kadai, heat some oil and add cumin seeds/jeera and asafeotida/heeng powder. Let them saute and crackle a bit, around 10-20 seconds.
2. Add the dry spices, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and coriander powder. Let them saute for another 10-20 seconds on low flame.
3. Add the chopped cauliflower/gobhi pieces.
4. Next add tomato puree and salt and give it all a mix. Cover the pan and cook the cauliflower/gobhi for another 5 minutes.
5. Add in the chopped boiled potatoes and stir them in. Cover and cook for another minute or so.
6. Add fresh cream and crushed kasoori methi leaves. Stir in with a gentle hand taking care not to mash up the veggies.
7. Serve hot with chapatis/pooris/paranthas.
Hope you like this recipe, do let me know how the gobhi aloo masala recipe turned out for you!