The season of fasting, feasting, and festivals is here finally! Happy Navratri to all who are celebrating. So in keeping with the fasting theme, I am sharing a recipe which is healthy and filling and fast appropriate at the same time. You can substitute sendha namak (rock salt) with normal salt for other days and have it as snack/breakfast. So let's get on with the recipe!
Sabudana - 1 cup (soak overnight or for 6 hours)
Rock Salt, to taste
Cumin seeds, 1 tbsp
Green Chilies chopped, 2
Boiled Potato chopped, 1 small
Ghee/Clarified butter, 1 tablespoon
Roasted Peanuts, 1 tbsp
Roasted peanut powder, 1 tbsp
1. Soak the sabudana overnight or for atleast 6 hours so that it is puffed and soft. Drain the extra water by placing the sabudana in a sieve.
2. Mix the roasted peanut powder in the drained sabudana. Mix gently.
3. In a pan, heat ghee/clarified butter and add cumin seeds/jeera. Cook till jeera is fragrant.
4. Add green chilies and cook till they are roasted, around 20 seconds.
5. Add the chopped potato pieces and fry them till they get a brownish covering.
6. Add the sabudana to the mixture and stir in gently.
7. Add the rock salt and roasted peanuts. Give the mixture a gentle stir.
8. Cook covered for a minute or two or till sabudana takes a glassy appearance. Add chopped coriander leaves at this point and turn off the flame.
9. Enjoy the nutritious and filling sabudana pulao this navratri.