Today I am sharing my take on masala baigan/aubergine recipe. Adding simple roasted peanut powder elevates the taste and the richness of this recipe manifold for me. So let's start with the recipe...
Ingredients (you will need):
Baigan/Aubergine, 150 grams
Salt, to taste
Red Chilli Powder, 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp
Amchoor Powder/Khatai/Dried Mango Powder, 1 tsp
Cumin/Jeera seeds, 1/2 tsp
Roasted Peanuts Powder, 1 tbsp
Mustard Oil/Refined Oil, 1 tablespoon
1. Wash the baigan/aubergine. Here I am using small baigans. Remove the stalk and half them from the center using a knife.
2. Next, in a wok/kadai heat some oil. Wait for a minute and then add cumin seeds. Let them cook for 10 seconds/till fragrant.
3. Now add the spices, namely chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and cook the spices for 10 seconds.
5. Add salt and roasted peanut powder to the aubergines.
6. Stir well. Cover and cook the baigans/aubergines for 5 minutes/till tender. Keep stirring in between so that the veggies don't burn.
7. After five minutes, turn off the flame and add the khatai/raw mango powder to the veggie. Stir well and serve hot.
8. Spicy Aubergine/Masala Baigan is ready to be relished. Serve as an accompaniment with paranthas/rice.