Winter is here in full swing and nature has filled her and our bounty with fresh and colorful veggies. Today, I am preparing a very simple winter seasonal veggie which is full of vitamins because of all the colourful veggies in it yet doesn't compromise at all on the taste factor. So let's get cooking...
Ingredients (you will need):
Cauliflower/Phool Gobhi, 100 grams
Peas/Matar, 50 gms
Carrot, 1/50 gms
Potato, 2/100 gms
Salt, to taste
Red Chilli Powder, 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp
Amchoor Powder/Khatai/Dried Mango Powder, 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder, 1/2 tsp
Cumin/Jeera seeds, 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder, 1 tbsp
Tomato puree, 1 tbsp
Ghee/Refined oil, 1 tbsp
1. Wash, peel and cut all the vegetables.
2. Next, in a wok/kadai heat ghee/refined oil. Wait for a minute and then add cumin seeds. Let them cook for 10 seconds/till fragrant.
3. Next add in all spices except garam masala and amchoor powder, and saute them for 20 seconds. Take care so as to not burn the spices.
4. Add in the vegetables, tomato puree, salt and stir the mixture for another minute or so.
6. The vegetables are cooked and ready. Make sure the vegetables are cooked and not all mashed up.
7. Add the amchoor powder and garam masala. Give the veggies a quick stir.
8. Serve this colourful concoction of nature's bounty in it's full glory with hot phulkas/fulkas/paranthas/rice.
Let me know how the vegetable preparation turned out for you in the comments section below.