Today's the day for cooking another popular, quick and easy veggie in my kitchen, the quintessential aloo matar/ potato peas. One of the super popular and easily cooked sabji during this time of the year in north India. The cooking process just takes around 10 minutes and you have a delicious preparation for the wintery lunches, either at home, school or office. So, let's get cooking...
Ingredients (you will need):
Potatoes boiled and chopped - 2
Green peas, shelled and steamed, 100 gms
Tomato puree, 1 tbsp
Salt, to taste
Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp
Amchoor Powder/Khatai/Dried Mango Powder, 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder, 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida powder/Heeng powder, a pinch
Refined Oil, 1 tablespoon
1. In a pan/kadai, heat some oil and add cumin seeds/jeera and asafeotida/heeng powder. Let them saute and crackle a bit, around 10-20 seconds.
2. Add the dry spices, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and coriander powder. Let them saute for another 10-20 seconds on low flame.
3. Add tomato puree followed by the steamed peas and boiled potatoes.
4. Add in the remaining spices, namely amchoor powder, garam masala and salt. Give the veggies a quick stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Delicious Aloo Matar Recipe is ready to be relished with Paranthas, Rotis or Naan of your choice.
Hope you enjoy the recipe! Do let me know in the comments below.