Sharing another Indianized recipe of a non so Indian vegetable, Broccoli. It tastes great with a little bit of spicier flavors and makes a great accompaniment with your lunch/dinner. Even kids love it as the Indian spices bring out another level of goodness in Broccoli. Do try and I am sure that your kids will enjoy the recipe just like you. You can increase or decrease the level of spiciness basis your preference as well. Hope you like the recipe!
Ingredients (you will need):
Broccoli, chopped - 1 large
Potato, boiled - 1 small
Salt, to taste
Cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp
Amchoor Powder/Khatai/Dried Mango Powder, 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder, 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil, 1 tablespoon
1. Wash and cut the broccoli into florets.
2. In a pan/kadai, heat oil and add cumin seeds. Let them saute a bit, around 10-20 seconds. Next add the rest of the spices, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Saute the spices for another 10-20 seconds. Keep the flame low and take care so as to not burn the spices.
3. Next add the broccoli and salt to taste. Give everything a quick stir.
4. At this stage add a little water, 1 tbsp and cover the pan to cook the broccoli on a low flame for 5 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes, check the broccoli for tenderness and add the boiled and chopped potato. Cover and cook for another minute or two. Add the amchoor powder and stir everything together. Switch off the flame.
6. Delicious and flavorful broccoli is ready to be served with pooris/paranthas/flatbreads of your choice.
Do try this recipe and let me know your experience in the comments section below.