Hope all of you are enjoying the festive season of Navratras with lots of praying, fasting and of course feasting. I have had a special realtionship with the fasting food always. Even though it is full of calories and devoid of the regular spices, it tastes just so awesome. So today, I wanted to make some sabudana cutlets for all you fasting souls out there. Hope you like this super simple recipe and enjoy it during this fasting/festive season.
Ingredients (you will need):
Potatoes, boiled and peeled - 2
Sabudana/Sago pearls, soaked overnight - 1/2 cup
Rock Salt, to taste
Black Pepper Powder, 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies, chopped - 1
Coriander leaves, chopped - 1 tbsp
Roasted Peanuts, crushed - 1 tbsp
Oil/ghee, for frying
1. In a bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, crushed peanuts, finely chopped green chillies, rock salt, chopped coriander, and black pepper powder.
2. Looks something like below.
3. Heat oil in a kadai/wok for frying. Make small patties/cutlets of the mixture prepared above.
4. Fry the cutlets in oil till crispy and golden brown on both sides.
5. Serve with accompaniments of your choice, green chutney is usually served with these cutlets.
Hope you like this simple recipe of sabudana cutlets for Navratras. Let me know in the comments section below, how did the recipe turn out for you.