Wishing you and your families a very happy HOLI! To celebrate the festival to the full and not oneself in the mundane kitchen chores, I present a super simple yet stomach filling recipe, which will take only a few minutes of prep and cooking time. Yet the result will be sumptuous enough for you to enjoy the festival of colours to the full! So, let's get started with the recipe...
Ingredients (you will need):
Besan/Chickpea flour, 1 cup
Coriander leaves, chopped - a handful
Cumin seeds/Jeera, 1/2 tsp
Salt, to taste
Red chili powder, 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli, chopped - 1 small
Amchoor Powder, 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala, 1/2 tsp
Baking soda, 1/4 tsp
Water, as required
Oil/ghee, for frying
1. In a bowl, mix together besan, fresh coriander leaves, cumin seeds, salt, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, chopped fresh green chili and baking soda. Make a slightly thick batter using water as required. Simultaneously, keep a kadai/wok with sufficient oil on gas flame for heating.
2. Peel and cut potatoes into pieces as per your preference. I have cut them into small and thin roundels. Next, I sprinkled half of the chaat masala on the potato pieces to increase the flavor of the pakodas.
3. In the prepared batter, add one table spoon of hot oil from the kadai/wok. Mix well. Dip the potato pieces into the prepared batter and coat them evenly on all sides.
4. Place the pakodas into the hot oil for frying. Fry till the pakodas are nice and golden on all sides. I cook these pakodas twice to make them extra crispy.
5. Sprinkle the remaining chaat masala on the pakodas before serving. Enjoy these hot and homemade pakodas with chutney/sauce/ketchup of your choice.
Hope you liked this simple recipe of making potato pakodas. Let me know in the comments section below.