With the impending navratras, all of us are gearing up/stocking up to prepare falhari sabzis. Today I am sharing with you all a raw banana/ kachche kele ki sabzi which will just melt in your mouth and yet provide more nutrition than the aloo/potato sabzi that you prepare. So let's get started!
Ingredients (you will need):
Raw banana boiled and chopped - 2
Green Chilli, chopped - 1
Tomato puree, 1 tbsp
Salt, to taste
Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp
Amchoor Powder/Khatai/Dried Mango Powder, 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala, 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil/ Ghee/Clarified Butter, 1 tablespoon
Fresh Coriander leaves, for garnish
1. In a pan/kadai, heat oil/ghee and add cumin seeds/jeera, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, amchoor powder and coriander powder. Let the spices saute a bit, around 10-20 seconds.
2. Next add in the green chilli and saute for another 10-20 seconds. Make sure not to burn any spices or chillies.
3. Add in 1 tbsp of tomato puree next and saute for 30 seconds or so. Keep the flame low.
4. Add in the boiled and chopped raw banana pieces next.
5. Add in the salt at this stage. I used sendha namak as I was preparing this for navratras, but you may use plain salt if you are preparing it for your non fasting meals. Mix well.
6. Cook for a minute or so and then switch off the flame. Garnish with fresh green coriander leaves and enjoy with samak ke chawal.
Hope you like the recipe. Do let me know your experience in the comments section below.